Don’t we all love quotes? They explain thing in words when we can’t think of it. They inspire us. Quotes make us think about certain topics. Quotes are motivating. And sometimes quotes they make us want to go online, book a plane ticket and leave the country to explore the world. And yes, be aware. That’s what you want to do after reading this blog post full of travel quotes!
1. “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
We learn the most valuable, painful lessons when we travel. Sometimes we learn things about ourselves that we don’t like. And that’s okay. No one is a 100% likeable you guys. You shouldn’t thrive for that. But traveling also
2. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta.
Don’t we all come back with more stories and more life lessons? It gives you the best stories to tell your friends and family.
Read more: Why I Love Traveling
3. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
I love how these little things change our perspective on the world and life. My thoughts changed after seeing the sunrise and sunsets on the other side of the world. I have no explanation but it made me so much more grateful.
4. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
We have such a specific way of thinking that can jeopardize the way we see things. Traveling shows you to let those thoughts go and see the world as how it is right in front of your eyes.
5. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
I feel like that one page is our life at home. That doesn’t mean it’s boring or sad. In fact, I love being home. I’m really happy with my life at home. But I also love to enlarge my world by traveling!
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain (?)
Read more: Where To Get The Best Travel Inspiration
This one isn’t even specifically for traveling but for life in general. Live like it’s your last day and do the things you have always dreamt of. You don’t know if you have the time, the health or the money to do it another time in life. We don’t have the guarantee of tomorrow or next week. But we do have today that’s fully in our control.
7. “Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.”
We love stories. We love travel stories. Stories are great. However, a story does not come even close to experiencing it yourself!
8. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
Fear stops us from doing so many things and fear is purely mental. It’s a mental game and mental games are hard to fight and overcome. But like I said. We don’t know how tomorrow is going to be. It can be the best day of our life or it can be the worst day of our life. Don’t take today for granted!
9. “No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang
Do you feel like you live in a little bubble when you travel or are you completely aware of what’s going on around you and what you see? I sometimes feel like I just realize how incredible special it is to travel when I’m home in my own bed. Thinking of the amazing adventure I just had!
10. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home.” -James Michener
You know, our own comfort zone is just too comforting. Drag yourself out of that little comfort zone bubble you might live in. Life isn’t as adventurous and rewarding in that bubble. No matter how comfortable it is.
Read more: 10 Amazing Places To Visit Now
11. “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. -air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky. -all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.” – Cesare Pavese
Traveling can be scary. Leaving your comfort zone is scary. Meeting new people can me scary. But at the end, it’s so incredibly rewarding. We learn so much from these adventures and the stories we hear. But when we let go of the familiar things, that’s when we see the beauty of the other side of the world.
12. “What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do — especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” -William Least Heat Moon
Traveling is a fresh start. We can feel like we’re supposed to hold back or act differently when we are at home because it just feels like how it supposed to be. No one cares when you’re traveling. You can just be you. As how you should feel like at home!
13. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru
We don’t have to travel miles and miles to have that one great adventure. The best adventure of your life can be a two hour drive away from you. You just have to see it.
Read more: What I Learned While Travelling
14. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”― Jack Kerouac
I love mowing my lawn to be honest but that’s not going to be remembered in ten years’ time. What I’ll remember is that dive in Bali where I saw the best things. I’ll remember the gorgeous sunset on that mountain. I’ll remember the monkey that stole my hat. I’ll remember the smile of the locals I met.
15. “You can shake the sand from your shoes, but it will never leave your soul.”
It does not matter how many adventures we have. We will always remember them. Big or small. Far from home or close to home. Every adventure stays with us.
So I’m not the only who wants to buy a plane ticket right now and you everywhere? I find that these quotes also inspire me in the daily life. To just enjoy the moment and live every day to the fullest. Quotes are amazing!