Authentic Things To Do in Paris | Bucket List Experiences
This blogpost may contain affiliate links that, if you click on and you make a purchase, earn me a small commission at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I will only ever recommend or promote products/services I love and feel are valuable to my audience. My opinions are my own and always honest. Read more in my affiliate disclaimer.
Don’t we all love making a bucket list for our future destinations? I love crossing off the things I’ve done and be ready to explore new places. This is a list of things to do in Paris to have the full on bucket list experiences. Paris is so big and we often only have a few days in the city. It can be overwhelming if you don’t know that much about the things to do in Paris. Here’s a list of the things to do in Paris categorized per neighbourhood!
Paris has a few amazing neighbourhoods to explore. My favorites are Montmartre and le Marais. I love the vibe in these neighbourhoods. Paris is my favorite city to visit because every neighbourhood as an entirely different feel to it. Almost as if you’re in a different city. From chic places to budget places with streetfood. The diversity is amazing to plan out the things you’re going to do! I decided to point out more authentic experiences in Paris instead of the popular stuff like visiting the Eiffel Tower and climbing the Arc de Triomph.
Things to do in Paris – Montmartre
Montmartre feels like the fairy-tale place of Paris. The artistic feel to this neighbourhood is amazing!
- Visit the metrostation Abbsesses if you like to be far underground. This is the deepest metro station in Paris. If you take this metro station – know that you need to walk A LOT of stairs to get above ground. There is however an elevator downstairs if you don’t want to walk these stairs.
- Visit the Sacré-Coeur. This basilica is the absolute eyecatcher of Montmartre. You’ll see this basilica from far, far away. You can even spot this basilica from the Eiffel Tower. It’s very impressive to see, it’s open for tourists but it’s still a church with services in it as well.
- Enjoy a Parisian dinner in historic style. Montmartre is a historic place as well and it remembers the lives lost during wars in the past.
- Visit The Moulin Rouge. We all know this one. It’s the famous building with the classic shows and dinners inside of it. Very popular, very expensive at times and also very impressive. Buy you tickets to enjoy the Moulin Rouge show and optional dinner beforehand if you want to go here.
Read more: 12 Amazing Activities To Do in Paris
Things to do in Paris – le Marais
- The neighbourhoods in Paris are a bit confusing so I decided to categorize the neighbourhood around the Louvre as le Marais. Correct me if I’m wrong! If you know a little bit about France, you probably know that France has some of the best wines out there. Paris is not the first city to think about when you want to taste wine. However, there are a few wine tasting tours to discover the wine flavours of France! Such as the Tour de France of wine class located near the Louvre. You’ll also learn a few techniques as well.
- I love walking around on my own and discover the place by myself. For any of you who like to do a guided tour and learn some things about the neighbourhood itself and the history, a guided walking tour of Le Marais might be perfect for you! This one takes around 2 hours and 30 minutes and covers hidden castles, Renaissance places, Baroque mansions and so much more! You’ll definitely learn more about the neighbourhood by doing a guided walking tour.
- Visit the modern museum Centre Pompidou. The building is very interesting to say the least because it basically built inside out! You can buy open tickets for the Centre Pompidou permanent collection so you won’t miss anything while you’re here. It’s also great to buy them online so you don’t have to wait in line ‘cause let’s be honest – who wants to wait in line? The tickets give you access to the rooftop with an amazing view over Paris!
Things to do in Paris – Champs Elysées
- Shop ‘till you drop and visit the designer shops. There’s a huge Sephora here and that’s absolute heaven. If you’re getting hungry while you’re shopping and you want to have a quick meal – the bakery “Paul” is located on the Champs Elysées. I wrote about them before, but they have the best sandwiches for a good price!
- I wasn’t really sure where to categorize this one because I believe the catacombs of Paris are located throughout the entire city. Maybe a bit scary, weird or however you want to call it – but the catacombs are extremely popular. You can do a tour with a guide to visit the catacombs. The huge plus side of this tour with a guide is that it gives you access to parts that are normally closed to public! Get your tickets to the catacombs guided tour with skip-the-line ticket and access to restricted areas.
Read more: The 10 Best Instagram Spots in Paris
Things To Do in Paris – Quartier Latin
- Visit the Pantheon. It’s a gorgeous building that was built as a church. The inspiration behind the building is the Pantheon in Rome. After a long time, it became more of a museum that remembers the story of Christianity and the monarchy in France. You can visit the graves of historic France personalities who meant a lot to France such as Voltaire, Rousseau and Alexandre Dumas. You can buy your priority entrance tickets to visit the Pantheon beforehand
- Quartier Latin is known for the streetfood, budget restaurants and the cute streets to walk on. This place is so cozy with a lot of (more) bakery’s, café’s, bars and obviously perfect if you’re visiting Paris on a budget. It’s expensive enough as it is, so I always love to find amazing budget places to eat!
Read more: The Beginners Guide To Paris
Things To Do in Paris – Opera
- This is the neighbourhood with the warehouse called Galeries LaFayette. I always visit this place when I go to Paris. It’s just fun to walk around and maybe shop a bit as well. They have a lot of different brands and also different price points. I bought here a yellow scarf and it is my favorite winter scarf of allllll times!
- Learn how to bake macarons yourself. This is the ultimate bakery to try when you’re in Paris and we all know the name Ladurée. How much fun is it to learn to bake them yourself? This bakery is located around the corner from Galeries LaFayette. The baking class takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes. Get Parisian and enjoy the French macaron baking class at Galeries LaFayette!
Read more: Paris Photo Diary
I’m so excited for you to know all the things to do in Paris, more on an authentic base but also the more popular things so you won’t feel like you missed out. Even me, who’s been to Paris five times now, still hasn’t crossed off everything. I have never done a macaron cooking class, didn’t visit the catacombs and have not yet visited the Moulin Rouge. These are definitely on my list of things to do in Paris when I go back one day!
What’s one thing you loved from this list of things to do in Paris?